Home Warranty Claims Process: How Does It Work?
Our TotalProtect® family has been growing since 1980, and our customers are still our top priority. We want to make sure you are getting the most out of your home warranty plan. Sometimes the home warranty claims process can be confusing, but TotalProtect makes easy in just five simple steps.
1. Place a service request. When a system or appliance breaks, let us know. You can go to www.totalprotect.com or call us toll-free at the number on your welcome kit. Be sure to have your warranty number handy, too.
2. Schedule an appointment. Once you submit your claim with us, we will provide you with contact information for one of our qualified service partners, so that you can schedule an appointment at your convenience.
3. Pay deductible. Our service partner will collect the deductible* from you at the time of service as defined in your contract. Be sure to read through your plan before the time of service.
4. Repair or replace. Our service partner will first diagnose the problem and contact us with the details. We will then determine if you need a repair, replacement or claims credit, and communicate the plan to you before any work begins.
5. Share feedback. After your service is complete, you will receive a short survey asking for feedback about your experience. We love receiving your feedback, and we use it to continually improve our warranty programs.
We know how much stress a faulty appliance can put on you and your family. That is why we are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We pride ourselves in making home management easy, and keeping you happy.
The information in this article is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.